Equiterapi is a word for a variety of alternative treatments used to help horses with disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
The equiterapeut work in rehabilitation of horses after a veterinary treatment but also to healthy and prosperous horses as a precaution.
Treatment modalities are the same as the human-trained physiotherapists, with the difference that they are adapted to the horse. Treatment aims to restore the movements function in the body through soft tissue therapy and manipulation techniques which the therapist, among other uses out of acupuncture, acupressure, massage, stretching and laser.
The equiterapeut also informs the horse owner / trainer of preventive measures that reduce the risk of injury, such as training schedules and fitness.
Clinic for preventive care and rehabilitation
After this little equiterapeut introduction, I would like to share with me about how they themselves as owners may be able to detect incipient problems with his horse, to be able to see his horse’s weaknesses exterior wise and helpful to prevent these.
You should remember that the horse is a flight animal, and that it makes use of the only of its near danger, his legs. Ancient instinct make horses try to hide his injuries as long as it can, from the time when it lived on the steppe and the beast spyed the flock to be able to separate out the animals that appeared sick and weak to give birth. The horse compensates for as long as possible, and usually succeeds very well with it because it has four legs. A horse that is content is usually a victim of acute trauma or a longer wear it no longer and managed to hide the damage may have been going on for a long time.
How is it then in time if the horse has pain in the body?
- Listen especially to the horse’s small signals that something is wrong. Horseback riding: for example. that it does not suddenly want to gallop in ex. left-gallop. In jumping, the only land in the right-gallop (emphasis on the evil protects the left side) and drag to the right over the barrier (often a problem in the rear right), walked on before departure. Difficult to make, in the example. left most of volts, the rider pushes on the right side of your back (avoid loading of the left side). In the stable: the horse goes away when you come with saddle & bridle? Check equipment! Beds dykes in the box and back up on and more.
- How to be palpated through the horse, physical testing methodology simpler version. Bones, tendons, bend, back, neck. Soreness in Bracciocephalicus unilaterally.
- Symmetry in the muscles; watching from the front side from the top rear. View the croup muscles and gracilis muscle.
- Saddle Problems; lose muscle in addition to the wither and tenderness, buns behind the saddle sprung decorative ‘s influence, free shoulders.
- Train equilateral on both horse and rider! Unbelievably important! Put yourself in front of a mirror and look. Ride lefthanded ridden horses! You transfer your own different bodily sided problem on the horse as the horse does on you. Horses that overshoots the rider on the left or right.
- A bit of stretching; Check different side problems for example trot increases and different resistance to bending.